If you are thinking about installing a new furnace in your home or business, you would do well to consider all of the available options. Most people totally forget about boilers in the belief that they are outdated and rarely used. However, according to Energy Star, 1.5 million boilers are already in operation in the U.S. because they provide home comfort equal to standard furnaces.
Types of Boilers
Although all boilers share several benefits, the specific advantages you experience depend upon the type of boiler you use:
- Gas – Gas boilers are extremely durable and rarely break down.
- Oil – Oil boilers are also very efficient and reliable.
- Electric – Electric boilers are more efficient than gas boilers, and take up less space.
- Solid fuel – New forms of sustainable biofuel have spawned renewed interest in boilers that once burned coal.
Benefits of Boilers
- Low operating cost – Boilers may have a higher upfront cost, but you will save up to $500 per year on heating expenses because they are so efficient.
- Small footprint – Boilers have a small footprint, which makes them perfect for homes without a lot of extra floor space. They can also be mounted directly to a wall so that they don’t take up any floor space at all.
- Easy to install – It takes less time and effort to install boilers than it takes to install furnaces or heat pumps.
- Environmentally sound – Boilers have become very popular among environmentally conscious homeowners and business owners because they can burn recycled and sustainable fuels, such as biodiesel and solid-fuel pellets.
Boilers and Furnaces in Schaumburg, IL
If you live in or near Schaumburg, Illinois, and are thinking of installing a new furnace, whether a gas or oil boiler or furnace, Ray’s HVAC has been serving the area since 1956, and the company offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. For further information on boiler or furnace installation and repair call Ray’s HVAC today at (847) 637-5287.